[Buildroot] [Question] How do I build source code at source folder?

Psychesnet Hsieh psychesnet at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:24:04 UTC 2020

Hi Heiko,

>From previous and some projects, we would like to build 3 kinds of source
code in our code base.
1. Directly build from open source, like lighttpd and ffmpeg. Basically, we
don't need to change this a lot.
    Put some patches and apply menuconfig to select enable/disable it.
Anything is good. This one, Buildroot can help a lot.
2. Some binary code/source code from vendor/SDK. This one is familiar to
open source, we don't need to change a lot, too.
    Follow SDK instructions and apply patch to Buildroot is enough to get
anything done.
3. Source code from our side, this part we change a lot and we would like
to build it at source folder because
    A. We change git log at source folder, we can trace anything quickly,
don't need to switch folder to build.
    B. We can build one source code instead of check anything, it is faster
to build(makefile check dependency) and install into fakeroot folder to try.
    C. We won't forget to commit the code, because any operations at source
folder.

I believe buildroot is the best for small embedded system, and we would
like to try if we can get item 3 done in our project.
I hope anything is clear. Thanks.

Heiko Thiery <heiko.thiery at gmail.com> 於 2020年4月4日 週六 下午2:58寫道: