[Buildroot] [Question] How do I build source code at source folder?

Heiko Thiery heiko.thiery at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 09:50:50 UTC 2020

Hi Eric,

Am Fr., 3. Apr. 2020 um 11:07 Uhr schrieb Eric Hsieh <psychesnet at gmail.com>:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Now, Im trying to create a special mode which can help me to build source
> code at source folder instead of output/build folder. I checked the makefile
> at package, looks like there is no directly way to be done.
> So, I would like to ask is it possible to be done? If yes, please give me
> some tips. Thanks.

If you want to build a package from an external source folder you can
specify the source directory by creating the  $(CONFIG_DIR)/local.mk
file and set the <pkg>_OVERRIDE_SRCDIR varialbe. But this will
copy/rsync your sources and build your package at output/build.

Please check "8.13.6. Using Buildroot during development" in the
buildroot user manual for more information about that.

--
Heiko