[Buildroot] Systemd default console

Norbert Lange nolange79 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 13:38:49 UTC 2019

Hello,

I tried systemd with busybox for the first time and I have now the
problem that login vie serial is not working correctly.

-   busybox creates the link
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/console-getty.service, which
starts a getty on ttyS0
-   systemd itself create
/run/systemd/generator/getty.target.wants/serial-getty at ttyS0.service
automatically (no idea when and how)

in and output is perfectly garbled until one of those services is killed.
Given that systemd automatically picks up the getty from the
commandline, is there any reason for busybox to setup /dev/console?

kind regards, Norbert