[Buildroot] Summary of Victor Huesca internship on Buildroot

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Sep 18 08:43:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

As many of you have noticed, Victor Huesca made numerous contributions
to the tooling of Buildroot in recent months. Victor was doing an
internship at Bootlin from mid-May to end of August, and this
internship was entirely focused on contributing to Buildroot.

His work was mainly on three areas:

 - Improving the notifications sent to Buildroot developers about the
   availability of new upstream versions of the packages they maintain

 - Improving the notifications to also include defconfig build failures
   and runtime tests failures

 - Improving the search capabilities on autobuild.buildroot.org,
   especially to allow searching by configuration symbols.

We have summarized his contribution in these areas in a blog post at:

  https://bootlin.com/blog/improvements-to-buildroot-maintenance-tooling/

I personally found Victor's work to be very useful and already showing
nice benefits, and I hope the Buildroot community will also find it
useful.

Thanks a lot Victor for your contribution!

Best regards,

Thomas Petazzoni
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin