[Buildroot] GNU Binutils 2.33.1 has been released.

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 20:12:01 UTC 2019

Hi Tamar, Nick,

Le 14/10/2019 à 15:27, Tamar Christina a écrit :
> Hi Romain,
>
> What's the easiest way for me to reproduce this?
>
> I've tried
>
>     git clone https://github.com/RomainNaour/buildroot.git buildroot
>     cd buildroot
>     git checkout binutils-2.33.1

This is the correct way to reproduce it :)

>     curl https://toolchains.bootlin.com/downloads/releases/toolchains/armv7-eabihf/build_fragments/armv7-eabihf--uclibc--bleeding-edge-2018.11-1.defconfig > .config

This defconfig was used to only build the 2018.11-1 bleeding-edge toolchain.

Can you use the following defconfig ?
I'm able to reproduce it on my host

BR2_arm=y
BR2_cortex_m4=y
BR2_GLOBAL_PATCH_DIR="board/stmicroelectronics/stm32f469-disco/patches"
BR2_KERNEL_HEADERS_4_19=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_LOCALE=y
BR2_PTHREAD_DEBUG=y
BR2_BINUTILS_VERSION_2_33_X=y
BR2_GCC_VERSION_9_X=y
BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_CXX=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CUSTOM_VERSION_VALUE="4.11"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DEFCONFIG="stm32"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_CONFIG_FRAGMENT_FILES="$(LINUX_DIR)/arch/arm/configs/dram_0x00000000.config"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_IMAGE_TARGET_CUSTOM=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_IMAGE_TARGET_NAME="xipImage"
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_DTS_SUPPORT=y
BR2_LINUX_KERNEL_INTREE_DTS_NAME="stm32f469-disco"
BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX_CONFIG="package/busybox/busybox-minimal.config"
BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_INITRAMFS=y
# BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_TAR is not set
BR2_TARGET_AFBOOT_STM32=y
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_OPENOCD=y

This defconfig was created by merging the two defconfig from [1].
The first one is used to build the toolchain.
The second one is used to build a kernel + the rootfs using the toolchain
previously generated.

[1] https://gitlab.com/kubu93/toolchains-builder/-/jobs/319395300

Best regards,
Romain