[Buildroot] beaglebone_qt5 does not build since commit a7914499b80

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Sun Oct 13 13:42:23 UTC 2019

On Sun, 13 Oct 2019 11:29:14 +0200
Romain Naour <romain.naour at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is an old patch [2] [3] in patchwork bumping the kernel (to 4.9) used in
> this defconfig but it's marked "Changes Requested" due to issues.
>
> If we really want to keep this defconfig (as is), we have to use an external
> toolchain old enough to build the kernel and TI's modules.

The right way to fix this defconfig is certainly not to use an older
toolchain, but rather to use a more modern kernel. It's BeagleBone,
definitely not a legacy/ancient platform, it's still in widespread use,
there is quite certainly a kernel + SGX OpenGL stuff that is reasonably
recent ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com