[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-11-24

Titouan Christophe titouan.christophe at railnova.eu
Mon Nov 25 13:58:50 UTC 2019

Hello Thomas,

On 11/25/19 11:56 AM, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> When a next branch exists, we use the next branch as the source of
> information for what is the current version of each package in
> Buildroot. We do this because typically, next is more "up to date" than
> master.

Side question: what's the policy for committing to master vs. next ?

> However, in this specific case, redis was bumped to 5.0.7 in master,
> but not in next, so until next gets merged back into master, our
> tooling will think redis is at 5.0.5, because that's the version used
> in next.

Thanks for the explanation, that makes much more sense.

> Perhaps this could be improved by grabbing both master and next, and
> retaining the highest version between both, for each package. But oh
> well, that's quite some additional complexity :/

If you think that's worth it, I can have a look at that. Hence this
shameless question: where does this code actually live ?

In Buildroot's repo:
$ git grep 'link to release-monitoring.org' | wc -l
0

> Best regards,
>
> Thomas

Regards,