[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Daily results for 2019-11-09

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Sun Nov 10 08:26:10 UTC 2019

All,

On 2019-11-10 07:16 -0000, Thomas Petazzoni spake thusly:
> Results for branch 'master'
>   riscv64    |   systemd-243-78-gef677436aa   | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/65c6741d812efe86398982d667a28199ea06d0f9 |
>
> Results for branch 'next'
>  powerpc64   |   systemd-243-78-gef677436aa   | NOK | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/f1e5dbe21685195dc43bf9e6e25425f8a4ec940b |

That's because systemd v243 introduced a call to realpath(1), which is
not available on "old" distros (Ubuntu 14.04 does not have it, like it
does not have 'ln --relative').

This is strating to be slightly annoying, especially since upstreaam is
really unreceptive about supporting such old-ish build environments...

We now have two packages (as I know of) that have workarounds: systemd
and cups-filters.

So I've looked at adding host-coreutils as a dependency for those
packages. All the depednencies of host-coreutils are already (direct or
indirect) dependencies of systemd or cups-filters, so the overhead is
just the time it takes to build host-coreutils, which is about 1min
here, most of which is spent in configure. Since the build time of all
the dependencies is already large, this is not too bad.

I'll send a patch later today...

The alternative would be that we do systematically install wrappers for
ln and realpath (like the one use for cups-filters, but more generic),
that could be provided with host-skeleton for example...

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |