[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-11-06

Romain Naour romain.naour at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 13:09:50 UTC 2019

Yann, All,

Le 09/11/2019 à 13:01, Yann E. MORIN a écrit :
> Romain, All,
>
> On 2019-11-09 11:40 +0100, Romain Naour spake thusly:
>>>   mips64el   |        host-llvm-9.0.0         | http://autobuild.buildroot.net/results/d3aa03ca7085727d0794228178c7744859900137
>>
>> This is weird since mips is not (yet) supported by Buildroot's llvm package (see
>> BR2_PACKAGE_LLVM_ARCH_SUPPORTS).
>>
>> host-llvm dependency seems trigged by another package at Makefile level without
>> being llvm/clang at Kconfig level.
>>
>> Yann, the issue seems related to qt5tools for Qt 5.12 [1].
>> Since it now depends on libclang, BR2_PACKAGE_QT5TOOLS_QDOC_TOOL must depends on
>> BR2_PACKAGE_LLVM_ARCH_SUPPORTS (at least).
>
> This is a serious limitation in the host-llvm package, then.
>
> qt5tools wants llvm to build a tool (namely, qdoc) for the host, not
> the target. So it should not be bothered by whatever the target is.

Well, It's the same problem as for using llvm/clang on the host to build some
host tools. For your case you have to build hos-llvm with your host variant
(x86_64 for example) (LLVM_TARGETS_TO_BUILD).

But since we use the same LLVM_TARGET_ARCH for the host-llvm and llvm, we need
to use -target x86_64-linux-gnu when using clang.

See: http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2019-November/265490.html

Initially llvm was packaged as a cross-toolchain only. Here you want to use it
as a native compiler. It's like if you want to build a host-gcc for you build
machine instead of using the compiler provided by you distribution.

In this case we probably can use clang provided by the build machine ?

Best regards,
Romain