[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2019-05-08

LP C lpdev at cordier.org
Sun May 26 14:08:47 UTC 2019

On May 25 2019, at 5:31 pm, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

> On 13/05/2019 17:59, Julien Boibessot wrote:
> > Thomas,
> >
> > On 13/05/2019 13:31, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> > > Hello,

> > > Which configure test is it running when it's blocked ?
> >

> > when host-libsodium fails I would say it is blocked on:
> > /checking whether segmentation violations can be caught when using the C
> > compiler.../
>

> I've taken a look at the code of that test. There's nothing really wrong with
> it, but it's pretty much undefined behaviour so the compiler is free to do
> stupid things.
>
> Fortunately, we know that SIGSEGV can be caught since we know we're building on
> Linux, and anyway we don't care a lot for host-libsodium. So we can just set the
> cache variable ax_cv_check_cCATCHABLE_SEGV=yes.
>
> Regards,
> Arnout
>

> > > What does
> > > "strace" says about this conftest process that is stuck ?
> > >
> > > Can you reproduce manually ? Does it happen every time libsodium is
> > > built on your machine, or only once in a while ?
> >

> > It sometimes can be reproduced manually but not as often as from BR build system.
> > I would say when it fails from BR build, I can kill it and reproduce the problem
> > once.
> >
> > Most of the time it works well when build manually.
> > Best regards,
> > Julien

Hi Thomas,
https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel/tree/recipes-multimedia/libva/intel-media-driver/0001-linux-fix-build-when-using-musl.patch
seems to fix the issue with musl. This patch does not break the build with standard libc. As it is a patch from yocto, can I use it directly or is there any license restriction to do so?
Thanks,
LP