[Buildroot] Fwd: initial ram filesystem with pc_x86_64_efi_defconfig

Peter Morici pmorici at dev295.com
Tue May 14 12:32:30 UTC 2019

    I figured it out.  The crash I was seeing was immediately after Grub
but before any messages got printed to the screen.  It came down to the
value specified for the console= kernel parameter.  Certain values that
worked for a regular filesystem cause the initram fs file system to lock up
in my case I was trying to suppress console output and was using
console=null but many other values seem to cause the same issue.  It
probably has something to do with the extra /init script that gets
installed as part of initramfs and redirects it's standard
input/output/error to the /dev/console device.

-Pete