[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Build results for 2019-05-08

Julien Boibessot julien.boibessot at free.fr
Mon May 13 15:59:28 UTC 2019

Thomas,

On 13/05/2019 13:31, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Mon, 13 May 2019 13:20:54 +0200
> Julien Boibessot <julien.boibessot at free.fr> wrote:
>
>> I have already brought this problem up a few times before but no one has
>> a clue.
>> My build system is consuming 100% CPU in conftest process when building
>> libsodium.
>>
>> In this state I have to manually kill all conftest processes otherwise
>> the build is blocked for days... :-)
> Which configure test is it running when it's blocked ?

when host-libsodium fails I would say it is blocked on:

    /checking whether segmentation violations can be caught when using
the C compiler.../

> What does
> "strace" says about this conftest process that is stuck ?
>
> Can  you reproduce manually ? Does it happen every time libsodium is
> built on your machine, or only once in a while ?

It sometimes can be reproduced manually but not as often as from BR
build system.
I would say when it fails from BR build, I can kill it and reproduce the
problem once.

Most of the time it works well when build manually.

Best regards,
Julien