[Buildroot] initial ram filesystem with pc_x86_64_efi_defconfig

Peter Morici pmorici at dev295.com
Fri May 10 00:54:10 UTC 2019

    I'm trying to get a buildroot system that runs entirely from ram once
booted so that the boot device (ie: a usb drive) can be removed without
causing a problem.

    I tried starting with the pc_x86_64_efi_defconfig and making changes to
enable building initramfs and modifying the post image generation script
but the resulting image caused the machine to crash on boot w/o any useful
feedback.  Is there an existing def config that maybe better suited as a
starting point or some other approach I can take to get the desired result?

Thanks,
-Pete