[Buildroot] Adding custom linux config

Devashish Bhageerutty db at windarphotonics.com
Wed Mar 13 14:32:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

Sorry for not being clear enough. What I wanted to say is that I am trying to build an image with a custom linux.config file but I am not able to.

I have specified the path in the defconfig file as stated in the manual (Please see attached Heimdal_defconfig for the Buildroot configuration).

The config file that I want to use for my linux is the linux.config.old (attached in the email) which has specific items for my hardware for example Flash and FPGA).

When I build the image and check the .config file (in the /proc/configz), items are missing eg; CONFIG_MTD_M25P80=y or CONFIG_SPI_CADENCE_QSPI=y etc... This is preventing me from reading the flash memory.

If I do a "make linux-update-defconfig" in the Buildroot folder, my linux.config will get overwritten by a generic one instead of doing a merge and will still be missing the specific items I had before. I have attached this as linux.config in the email.

Finally here is a link for a difference check between my linux.config (on the right) and the linux.config that is generated my Buildroot when I do a linux-update-defconfig.(on the left) https://www.diffchecker.com/421xxn9X

Thank you for your help.

Best Regards,

Deva