[Buildroot] add option to run docker with initramfs

Christian Stewart christian at paral.in
Wed Jun 12 21:41:09 UTC 2019

Frank, all,

Frank is referring to a docker environment variable that must be set in
order to change the root pivot step to be compatible with a ramfs

I do this in my SkiffOS project,

system/docker.service.d/ramdisk.conf

[Service]
Environment=DOCKER_RAMDISK=true

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019, 1:19 PM Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr> wrote:

> > By default docker uses pivot_root which is not available in initramfs.
>
> pivot_root is provided by either util-linux or busybox; it has (AFAICT)
> no relation to whether running from an initramfs or any other filesystem).
>
> Our default configuration for busybox eeven enables pivot_root.

This is more related to docker behavior than busybox or anything else.

Best,
Christian