[Buildroot] add option to run docker with initramfs

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Wed Jun 12 20:18:56 UTC 2019

Frank, All,

On 2019-06-12 19:18 +0300, Fragkiskos Sigalas spake thusly:
> By default docker uses pivot_root which is not available in initramfs.

pivot_root is provided by either util-linux or busybox; it has (AFAICT)
no relation to whether running from an initramfs or any other filesystem).

Our default configuration for busybox eeven enables pivot_root.

So, it looks like your could very well add pivot_root to your initramfs,
in fact.

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |