[Buildroot] Qt5 LTS handling [was: package/qt5: bump latest version to 5.12.4]

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sun Jul 14 09:35:46 UTC 2019

Hi,

 >  Just as a reminder: if we just have latest, we would end up with Qt 5.14 in
 > 2020.02, but that will stop receiving updates in June or so. So we will have
 > half a year without (security) updates to Qt.

 >  IMO, LTS is best effort so this is acceptable.

I guess so too. We so had very few qt updates in our LTS series anyway:

for i in 2017 2018 2019; do
 echo $i.02:; git shortlog -sn $i.02..$i.02.x -- package/qt5;
done

2017.02:
     5  Peter Seiderer
     3  Gaël PORTAY
     2  Bartosz Golaszewski
     2  Yann E. MORIN
     1  Peter Korsgaard
     1  Vicente Olivert Riera
2018.02:
     6  Gaël PORTAY
     3  Sébastien Szymanski
     2  Laurent Hartanerot
     2  Peter Korsgaard
     1  Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind)
     1  Giulio Benetti
     1  Joshua Henderson
     1  Manfred Schlaegl
     1  Peter Seiderer
     1  Romain Reignier
2019.02:
     2  Giulio Benetti
     1  Fabrice Fontaine
     1  Gaël PORTAY

And none of them afaik were directly security fixes.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard