[Buildroot] flags to build Qt5 for AMD Geode LX arch ?

Yann E. MORIN yann.morin.1998 at free.fr
Tue Jan 29 18:33:48 UTC 2019

David, All,

On 2019-01-29 19:28 +0100, David Picard spake thusly:
> I can build Qt5 successfully. I tested my custom application in QEMU, with
> the same disk.img that I use on the read target (AMD Geode LX).
>
> But on the target, whenever I link one of my programs with Qt5, it
> terminates straight away with a SIGILL (illegal instruction). Including a
> simple printf("Hello world") that doesn't include nor call in Qt5.
[--SNIP--]
> I thought I could pass e.g. -march=geode when I build Qt. But I don't know
> how to do it. I noticed a arch.conf file in the build directory but it gest
> overwritten when I make qt5base-reconfigure...

Well, if even a program that is not linked to Qt failes, you won;t solve
that by only "fixing" it in Qt...

In that cas, since your processor is a geode, you have to confiugyure
Buildroot to generate code for that processor, i.e.: BR2_x86_geode=y

Regards,
Yann E. MORIN.

| +33 561 099 427 `------------.-------:  X  AGAINST      |  \e/  There is no  |