[Buildroot] imx6 solo VPU support in Buildroot

Fabio Estevam festevam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 12:17:24 UTC 2019

Hi Juan,

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:39 AM Juan A. Rubio <jarubio2001 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've noticed that the imx6 solo VPU is not supported in Buildroot
> starting from 2018.02.x
>
> There is some information about this in this commit:
> https://github.com/buildroot/buildroot/commit/b86b227fda97ef439a3cc0da03da0ebcad5c203a

This is related to the VPU library used by the NXP vendor code.

> Has anyone come up with a solution to successfully enable the VPU
> libraries on imx6 solo with Buildroot?. Is there any more information
> about this that might help to get this to work somehow?

I am able to use VPU on mx6 with Buildroot using mainline kernel.

You can use configs/imx6-sabresd_qt5_defconfig as a reference.

Please check this post with the details:
https://imxdev.gitlab.io/tutorial/Decoding_video_with_a_mainline_kernel_on_i.MX6/