[Buildroot] Build error: kernel (local tarball) cannot find linux/version.h

Jay Aurabind jay.aurabind at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 13:50:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

I am building buildroot 2018.11.2 with a custom kernel. I have the
local copy of the kernel tar'd sitting in the local filesystem, which
I git-archived from a specific commit. I did so since I do not want
buildroot to download the whole kernel history all over.

Corresponding error log: https://pastebin.com/yHYZ26HQ

The custom kernel I'm using is version 4.20, and during configuration,
I only have the option of selecting an older version string
BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LINUX_HEADERS_CUSTOM_4_18

Is this the probable cause of the breakage ?

--

Thanks and Regards,
Jay