[Buildroot] Buildroot-2.18.11 fails?

Peter Seiderer ps.report at gmx.net
Wed Feb 13 18:56:39 UTC 2019

Hello scssijon,

On Wed, 13 Feb 2019 09:07:53 +1100, scsijon <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au> wrote:

> On 13/02/19 06:19, Peter Seiderer wrote:
> > Hello scsijon,
> >
> > On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:56:32 +1100, scsijon <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au> wrote:
> >
> >> no, same result and point of failure, i'm going to move it across to one
> >> of my test machines with a later Puppy called Easy and see what happens,
> >> I can containerize it on that.

Using Puppy seems to be one of the problems, searching for Pupply reveals that
all is run as 'root user, which is not the recommended way to run buildroot...

> > Thanks for feedback (and please keep the buildroot mailing list in CC)...
> >

> Hi, thought I  had, sorry must have hit the wrong button.
>
> No, although Easy, both in the container and outside it build, it's got
> gcc6.3.0, i'm now failing at host-e2fsprogs-1.44.4 with some parts
> getting built ok and a number of internal makefile not being correctly
> modified?built in the first place with wrong data at the MKDIR_P line in
> only some, causing it to stop.

Side effect of running as root or filesystem/memory corruption on your host....

> I shall leave it for now as i'm out of free time, but will come back to
> it in a week or two. I will admit, i'm more interested in why only some
> of the Makefiles are right/wrong than anything else though. I shall open
> a raw copy of the package and see if it needs a patch.

None of the Makefiles should be wrong....again filesystem/memory corruption on your host....

Regards,
Peter