[Buildroot] Buildroot-2.18.11 fails?

scsijon scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au
Tue Feb 12 22:07:53 UTC 2019

On 13/02/19 06:19, Peter Seiderer wrote:
> Hello scsijon,
>
> On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 12:56:32 +1100, scsijon <scsijon at lamiaworks.com.au> wrote:
>
>> no, same result and point of failure, i'm going to move it across to one
>> of my test machines with a later Puppy called Easy and see what happens,
>> I can containerize it on that.
>
> Thanks for feedback (and please keep the buildroot mailing list in CC)...

Hi, thought I  had, sorry must have hit the wrong button.

No, although Easy, both in the container and outside it build, it's got
gcc6.3.0, i'm now failing at host-e2fsprogs-1.44.4 with some parts
getting built ok and a number of internal makefile not being correctly
modified?built in the first place with wrong data at the MKDIR_P line in
only some, causing it to stop.

I shall leave it for now as i'm out of free time, but will come back to
it in a week or two. I will admit, i'm more interested in why only some
of the Makefiles are right/wrong than anything else though. I shall open
a raw copy of the package and see if it needs a patch.

regards to all

>> I'll let you know what happens, however the errors do make me thing
>> something is wrong with the source package.
>
> ...but builds on many different machined, see e.g. the
> autobuilder results...., at least resort try to downgrade the
> selected compiler...
>
> Regards,
> Peter

>>> BR2_JLEVEL=1
>>> BR2_TOOLCHAIN_BUILDROOT_GLIBC=y
>>> BR2_PACKAGE_HOST_LINUX_HEADERS_CUSTOM_4_18=y
>>> BR2_GCC_VERSION_8_X=y
>>> BR2_LINUX_KERNEL=y