[Buildroot] Pine64: setting the console to be over HMDI

Avraham Shukron avraham.shukron at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 13:34:25 UTC 2019

Hi!

I have the pine64 which I want to make as my media center using
Kodi/Buildroot.
I use systemd as the init system.

I managed to build and flash the board. I see it boots with U-Boot boot
output, but when control is passed to linux there's nothing on the screen
other than a blinking cursor on the corner.

The board is up and running, I can tell that since CTRL+ALT+DEL resets the
board, which is enabled by a systemd service.

Kodi itself is also installed, but its unit is WantedBy: multi-user.target

I have two questions:
1. How do I configure the console to be over HDMI and USB keyboard instead
of serial interface?
2. Why kodi is not started - at least in a visible manner?

Thanks!