[Buildroot] [FYI] Bootlin external toolchains

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Dec 2 14:26:01 UTC 2019

Hello,

+Romain Naour in Cc.

On Mon, 2 Dec 2019 02:47:15 +0200
Vadim Kochan <vadim4j at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just in case if someone will be interested. I started Buildroot external
> project which provides external toolchains from the Bootlin:
>
>     https://toolchains.bootlin.com
>
> The git repo can be found at:
>
>     https://github.com/vkochan/buildroot-external-toolchain-bootlin

An effort was started to package the Bootlin external toolchains in
Buildroot itself, some time ago by engineers at Smile. We had some
off-list discussion about this, but I don't think it was ever posted to
the list. The idea back then was to have a script that generates all
the packages, but the design was to have one package for each
toolchain, so it really added a lot of packages.

But I think we should really support these toolchains in Buildroot
proper instead of having an external for them.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com