[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-08-18

Arnout Vandecappelle arnout at mind.be
Tue Aug 20 19:18:14 UTC 2019

On 20/08/2019 21:10, Arnout Vandecappelle wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>>  > "we only show the highest release" -> release-monitoring.org doesn't
>>  > have the notion of "stable branches" from upstream or anything like
>>  > that. It even considers -rc versions to be more recent than a regular
>>  > official release.
>>
>>  > But I see your point that anyway release-monitoring.org is only very
>>  > partially helping to track whether we need to update for security
>>  > reasons. A CVE-related tracking tool (such as what Matt Weber was
>>  > working on back then) would be better suited for this task.
>>
>>  > If you agree with this, then perhaps the autobuild.b.o/stats/ page, and
>>  > the corresponding JSON output, should be generated based on the next
>>  > branch rather than the master branch.
>>
>> Presumably only if next exists (and then we have to remember to delete
>> it as soon as we merge it into master and not just let it linger until
>> the next release)?
>
>  That would be a good idea anyway. I've known people to be confused by the
> lingering next branch.

 Or perhaps it's a better idea to reverse the logic: on -rc1, create the stable
branch already, and treat master as next. IOW, avoid creating a next at all.

 But then we should probably also update the branches info for the autobuilders
to make sure the stable branch gets sufficient testing.

 Regards,
 Arnout