[Buildroot] [autobuild.buildroot.net] Your daily results for 2019-08-18

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Mon Aug 19 21:32:56 UTC 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019 23:28:09 +0200
Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be> wrote:

> > Yes, this is a limitation of how we work right now. I'm not sure how to
> > handle this exactly at this point.
> >
> > Should the results of http://autobuild.buildroot.net/stats/ and
> > http://autobuild.buildroot.net/stats/index.json use the next branch
> > when available ?
> >
> > Having a look at the state of the master branch in terms of missing
> > version updates could also be helpful to detect packages for which
> > we're missing security updates.
>
>  Not really, since we only show the highest release, so not anything from stable
> branches. And we can assume that the version on next is >= the version on master.

"we only show the highest release" -> release-monitoring.org doesn't
have the notion of "stable branches" from upstream or anything like
that. It even considers -rc versions to be more recent than a regular
official release.

But I see your point that anyway release-monitoring.org is only very
partially helping to track whether we need to update for security
reasons. A CVE-related tracking tool (such as what Matt Weber was
working on back then) would be better suited for this task.

If you agree with this, then perhaps the autobuild.b.o/stats/ page, and
the corresponding JSON output, should be generated based on the next
branch rather than the master branch.

Should I go ahead and make the change ?

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering