[Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler

daggs daggs at gmx.com
Sun Aug 11 17:14:08 UTC 2019

Greetings Romain,

> Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 11:56 PM
> From: "Romain Naour" <romain.naour at gmail.com>
> To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>
> Cc: "Bernd Kuhls" <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>, buildroot at uclibc.org
> Subject: Re: [Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler
>
> Hi Daggs,
>
> Le 10/08/2019 à 22:40, daggs a écrit :
> > Greetings Naour,
> >
> >> Sent: Saturday, August 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM
> >> From: "Romain Naour" <romain.naour at gmail.com>
> >> To: daggs <daggs at gmx.com>, "Bernd Kuhls" <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>
> >> Cc: buildroot at uclibc.org
> >> Subject: Re: [Buildroot] [git commit] DEVELOPERS: drop odroidc2 from Dagg Stompler
> >>
> >> Hi Daggs,

> >> GPU Mali 450 support has been upstreamed recently in the kernel 5.2.x and mesa3d
> >> 19.1. You need to enable the support for the Lima DRM in the kernel and Gallium
> >> Lima driver in mesa3d.
> >>
> >> You probably need to apply this series and a patch to add the Gallium Lima
> >> driver in mesa3d.
> >> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/buildroot/list/?series=123227
> >>
> >> But I can't say for kodi...
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Romain
> >>

> > it is good to know, I'd assume that if a proper kernel and mesa support is in place, kodi will surly work, I only hope hw decoding is supported too.
> > unfortunately, that doesn't increase the likelihood of the board reinstated into buildroot. not until agreed flow when it comes to the board's ATF will exist.
>
> I'm using a board Le Potato
> (https://libre.computer/products/boards/aml-s905x-cc) based on AML-S905X-CC.
> Like for the Odroid-C2, Amlogic doesn't provide sources for the firmware and for
> tools needed to create the bootloader image (only binaries are available).
>
> But an opensource tool has been made by reverse engineering:
>
> https://github.com/repk/gxlimg
>
> Maybe you can take a look at this tool and see if it can work for your board?
>
> Best regards,
> Romain
>

> > Dagg.

I've looked into the repo a bit, first, the c2 is s905, not s905x. I'd imagine that matters.
moreover, I've looked into the readme on how to build it, it looks the same like the vendor's flow, one still need to get bins from somewhere and compile two pkgs.
I don't see how this changes the issue I'm facing?

Dagg.