[Buildroot] Buildroot 2019.08-rc1 released

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Fri Aug 9 07:19:18 UTC 2019

Hi,

Buildroot 2019.08-rc1 is released - Go download it at:

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2019.08-rc1.tar.gz

or

http://buildroot.net/downloads/buildroot-2019.08-rc1.tar.bz2

Or get it from Git:

git://git.buildroot.net/buildroot

Please give it a spin and report any problems to the mailing list or
bug tracker.

Again a fairly active development cycle with ~1100 changes and
contributions from more than 100 unique contributors!

Of noteworthy new features/changes we have:

- Architectures: Internal toolchain support for C-SKY, support for ARC
  HS48 v3.1 and HS38 with Quad MAC & FPU, support for ARM A76, A76/A55
  big.LITTLE, emag, neoverse-N1, phecda and tsv110.

- Toolchain: ARC toolchain updated to 2019.03 (binutils 2.32.51 / GCC
  8.3.1 / glibc 2.29), ARM AAarch64/ARM toolchains updated to
  2019.03. Add GCC 9.1.0, remove GCC 4.9 and 6.5, add GDB 8.3, remove
  GDB 7.12 and 8.0.1, default to GDB 8.2, GCC 8.3.0. Musl updated to
  1.1.23, bringing support for RISC-V 64.

- Br2-external: Add support for injecting additional options to the list
  of preconfigured external toolchains and libjpeg and openssl providers
  using files under provides/. See the manual for details.

- pkg-stats: support outputting in JSON format with --json for easier
  post processing. The classic HTML output is still available with
  --html. Parallelize access to release-monitoring.org to speed up
  runtime.

- Drop non-conventional version prefix/suffix/separators for packages
  for better compatibility with release-monitoring.org

- Init systems: Add basic openrc support and <pkg>_INSTALL_INIT_OPENRC
  variable in the infrastructure to install openrc service scripts if
  enabled.

- New defconfigs: HiFive Unleashed, I.MX8MM EVK and Pico, Nanopi m4 and
  neo4, Nanopc t4, Olimex A33 olinuxino, Pine64 Rockpro64, PowerPC
  mac99, QEMU C-SKY 610/807/810/860 virt, Raspberry Pi 4, Raxda rock
  pi4, Solidrun Clearfog GT-8K

- New packages: bitcoin, c-capnproto, fatcat, ifmetric, jack1,
  jailhouse, libubootenv, luasyslog, mender-grubenv, murata-cyw-fw,
  openrc, piglit, python-colorama, python-cycler, python-hiredis,
  python-ifaddr, python-inflection, python-iptables, python-matplotlib,
  python-periphery, python-pycairo, python-redis, python-termcolor,
  python-tinyrpc, python-txdbus, skeleton-init-openrc, spdlog, sshguard,
  stellarium, zziplib

And the usual package version updates and bug fixes. See the CHANGES
file for details:

http://git.buildroot.net/buildroot/plain/CHANGES?id=2019.08-rc1

Many thanks to the people contributing to this release:

git shortlog -s -n 2019.05..

   175	Fabrice Fontaine
   165	Bernd Kuhls
    77	Adam Duskett
    59	Pierre-Jean Texier
    51	Peter Korsgaard
    41	Yann E. MORIN
    38	Giulio Benetti
    35	Thomas Petazzoni
    29	Romain Naour
    25	Baruch Siach
    24	Francois Perrad
    16	Guo Ren
    16	Jörg Krause
    15	Asaf Kahlon
    15	Victor Huesca
    14	Petr Vorel
    12	Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind)
    11	Peter Seiderer
    11	Ricardo Martincoski
    10	Gilles Talis
    10	Titouan Christophe
     9	Adrian Perez de Castro
     9	Joris Offouga
     8	James Hilliard
     8	Marcin Niestroj
     8	Matt Weber
     6	Etienne Carriere
     6	Jugurtha BELKALEM
     6	Julien Olivain
     6	Michał Łyszczek
     6	Shyam Saini
     5	Alistair Francis
     5	Angelo Compagnucci
     5	Atharva Lele
     5	Bartosz Bilas
     5	Carlos Santos
     5	Grzegorz Blach
     5	Sébastien Szymanski
     4	Alexey Brodkin
     4	Evgeniy Didin
     4	Lubomir Rintel
     4	Markus Mayer
     4	Michael Cullen
     4	Vadim Kochan
     3	Esben Haabendal
     3	Fabio Estevam
     3	Jerzy Grzegorek
     3	Joel Stanley
     3	Ludovic Desroches
     3	Marcel Patzlaff
     3	Thomas De Schampheleire
     2	Bartosz Golaszewski
     2	Brent Generous
     2	Jan Kundrát
     2	Jared Bents
     2	Julien BOIBESSOT
     2	Mark Corbin
     2	Mirza Krak
     2	Nicolas Serafini
     2	Nylon Chen
     2	Paulo Serra Filho
     2	Ryan Coe
     2	Serhii Sakhno
     2	Zoltan Gyarmati
     1	Adam Heinrich
     1	Alex Xu
     1	Alexandre PAYEN
     1	Alexandru Ardelean
     1	Arno Messiaen
     1	Arnold Bloemert
     1	Brandon Maier
     1	Brett Gyarfas
     1	Carlo Caione
     1	Damien DUVAL
     1	Daniel J. Leach
     1	David Rosca
     1	Denis Osterland
     1	Einar Jon Gunnarsson
     1	Fabio Urquiza
     1	Frank Vanbever
     1	Ismael Luceno
     1	Jan Willem Janssen
     1	Joel Carlson
     1	John Faith
     1	John Keeping
     1	Kieran Bingham
     1	Nicolas Cavallari
     1	Oleksandr Zhadan
     1	Olivier Schonken
     1	Philip Molloy
     1	Philipp Wagner
     1	Raul Hidalgo Caballero
     1	Sam Bobroff
     1	Samuel Mendoza-Jonas
     1	Signed-off-by: Alex Xu
     1	Simon Rowe
     1	Thomas Huth
     1	Trent Piepho
     1	Vincent Stehlé
     1	Yi Zheng
     1	陈小 刚

And a special thanks to our patch reviewers:

git log 2019.05.. | grep -Ei '(reviewed|acked)-by:' | \
    sed 's/.*by: //' | sort | uniq -c | sort -n -r

     14 Yann E. MORIN <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
     12 Thomas Huth <huth at tuxfamily.org>
      6 Francois Perrad <francois.perrad at gadz.org>
      5 Petr Vorel <petr.vorel at gmail.com>
      4 Matthew Weber <matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com>
      3 Adrian Perez de Castro <aperez at igalia.com>
      2 Yegor Yefremov <yegorslists at googlemail.com>
      2 "Yann E. MORIN" <yann.morin.1998 at free.fr>
      2 Romain Naour <romain.naour at smile.fr>
      2 Matt Weber <matthew.weber at rockwellcollins.com>
      2 Ludovic Desroches <ludovic.desroches at microchip.com>
      2 Guo Ren <guoren at kernel.org>
      2 Gilles Talis <gilles.talis at gmail.com>
      2 Fabio Estevam <festevam at gmail.com>
      2 Benoît Thébaudeau <benoit.thebaudeau.dev at gmail.com>
      2 Atharva Lele <itsatharva at gmail.com>
      2 Arnout Vandecappelle (Essensium/Mind) <arnout at mind.be>
      2 Alexey Brodkin <abrodkin at synopsys.com>
      1 Zoltan Gyarmati <zgyarmati at zgyarmati.de>
      1 Nylon Chen <nylon7 at andestech.com>
      1 Pierre-Jean Texier <pjtexier at koncepto.io>
      1 Peter Seiderer <ps.report at gmx.net>
      1 Mirza Krak <mirza.krak at northern.tech>
      1 Jörg Krause <joerg.krause at embedded.rocks>
      1 Giulio Benetti <giulio.benetti at micronovasrl.com>
      1 Bernd Kuhls <bernd.kuhls at t-online.de>
      1 Adam Duskett <aduskett at gmail.com>

A next branch has already been created, and we will start merging new
features for 2019.11 already.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard