[Buildroot] New lightweight Letsencrypt client with minimal dependecies

Nicola Di Lieto nicola.dilieto at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 16:11:30 UTC 2019

Hello all

I have written and recently released uacme, an open source, lightweight
ACME client written in C with minimal dependencies.  ACME is the
protocol used by https://letsencrypt.org to issue free SSL certificates.
Version 2 of the protocol was standardized as RFC8555 in March 2019
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8555 ).

I believe uacme is currently the only ACMEv2 compatible client written
in C.  Other than libc, it depends only on libcurl and either GnuTLS or
mbedTLS.  Particularly when built against mbedTLS, it is small enough
that it can even run on embedded systems with limited memory.
The software is at:

https://github.com/ndilieto/uacme

and the manual at https://ndilieto.github.io/uacme

If there is any interest, I can make patches to include it in buildroot.

Regards,
Nicola