[Buildroot] [RFC 1/1] infra/pkg-generic: Add rootfs post gen hook

Vadim Kochan vadim4j at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 07:33:54 UTC 2019

Hi Thomas,

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 08:58:19AM +0200, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:
> Hello Vadim,
>
> On Mon, 15 Apr 2019 03:26:35 +0300
> Vadim Kochan <vadim4j at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Add ability to generate image by custom package, and one of the
> > way to do it - is to add new $(PKG)_ROOTFS_POST_GEN_HOOK which will be
> > called after rootfs image is ready. This allows to have easier
> > alternative to post-image script in form of package, which might be
> > just selected by the user (or this package might be automatically
> > selected already already).
>
> Hum, this description is a bit vague/fuzzy to me. Do you have a
> specific example that requires this rootfs post gen hook ?

The use case is simple - allow to generate firmware image by custom
package instead of post-image script. I did not find some dependencies
or other hook to make it installed after rootfs image is ready, so only
option I found is to add yet-another-hook which will be called after
rootfs image is generated.

Regards,
Vadim Kochan