[Buildroot] dl_dir problem with building using legal-info

Martin Kepplinger martin.kepplinger at ginzinger.com
Mon Apr 1 13:56:55 UTC 2019

hi,

It seems like the plan might be to move from one "dl" directory
containing the tarballs, old_dl_dir, to the per-package directories in "dl".

So: I reuse the tarballs in "legal-info" for building. (think: no
internet connection). legal-info contains directories *with versions*.
In any case, it's easy by finding all archives and copying them to "dl"
before building.

If old_dl_dir would be removed from the download scripts, this would
break for me. The per-package directories in "dl" *don't contain
versions* and I guess there's no trivial way to recreate this directory
structure. So I thought I'd talk about this before old_dl_dir is gone...

In short: Before removing to look in old_dl_dir, please don't break this
use-case :) Is there an even better way to build using legal-info that
I'm not aware of already? If not, what could we implement?

thanks a lot,

                              martin