[Buildroot] Problmes with eth0 on Raspberry Pi 3B+

Oscar Gomez Fuente oscargomezf at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 18:21:41 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I've got problems with the buildroot email and I didn't receive any
message, but I could see the answers in this link:
http://lists.busybox.net/pipermail/buildroot/2018-September/229775.html
so I'm going to try to answer again in order to get some support and
check if the buildroot list emails works.

Hi Nicollas, it seems to be that pre-up before wait-delay it doesn't
work, and it seems to be that wait-delay only works if you select inet
dhcp, so I have to find an alternative method to wait-delay or create
a new script for me. The way I'm using right now it is not too bad:
pre-up while [ ! -e /sys/class/net/eth0 ]; do sleep 0.1; done;
And according to :"ifconfig is a bid deprecated these days", yes you
are right, I am going to use something like:
pre-up ip link set dev eth0 up

Hi Peter,  I am using this way because when I connect and disconnect
the ethernet cable it doesn't work dhcp and the eth0 don't get the ip
properly.

Best regards.

Oscar Gomez Fuente