[Buildroot] Report of the Buildroot Developers meeting @ ELCE 2018

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Wed Oct 31 10:43:48 UTC 2018

Hello,

On October 20-21, a number of Buildroot developers gathered in
Edinburgh (UK) for a 2-day Developers meeting. A short report for this
meeting is now available at (thanks Arnout):

  https://elinux.org/Buildroot:DeveloperDaysELCE2018#Meeting_report

We discussed:

 - top level parallel build
 - reproducible builds
 - doing more testing
 - hardening support in the toolchain wrapper
 - LTO support
 - S01logging updates
 - Download of extra downloads with identical file names

Also, we had a general assembly of the Buildroot Association. And
finally, most of the time was dedicated to actual hacking on Buildroot,
with a strong focus on going through the patchwork backlog, and
reviewing, replying and merging as many patches as possible. By the end
of ELCE, the backlog of patches was down to ~200 patches.

Once again, I would like to thank our sponsors for this event:

 - Mind, https://www.mind.be/
 - Amarula Solutions, https://www.amarulasolutions.com/
 - TK Open Systems, http://tkos.co.il/
 - Bootlin, https://www.bootlin.com