[Buildroot] gcc 8.2.0 support for buildroot 2015.11

Iñigo Huguet inigohuguet at fanamoel.com
Tue Oct 30 13:20:18 UTC 2018

I supose that you need gcc 8.2 to build a specific program. If you can't
move to v2018.08.2, you can compile that program using gcc 8.2 out of
buildroot, and create your own buildroot package to directly install the
binaries, without building them from buildroot.

A bit more complex, but cleaner (not very much, though), you can create
your own buildroot package which requires you to provide the path to an
external gcc 8.2 compiler in Config.in. Then, pass that compiler path to
the program from the buildroot package makefile. How to do that depends
on the program build system, for example if it's an autotools package:
PACKAGENAME_CONF_OPTS += CC=$(BR2_PACKAGE_PACKAGENAME_EXTERNAL_GCC_PATH)

(BR2_PACKAGE_PACKAGENAME_EXTERNAL_GCC_PATH would be the name of the
option in Config.in to provide the path to the external compiler)

Of course, you will have less problems if you achieve to upgrade to
newer versions of Buildroot, instead of trying to keep working an old
and unsupported project.