[Buildroot] Custom C Libraries for RISC-V 32-bit Support

Mark Corbin mark.corbin at embecosm.com
Wed Oct 3 10:53:54 UTC 2018

Hello Baruch

On 03/10/18 11:40, Baruch Siach wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2018 at 11:26:53AM +0100, Mark Corbin wrote:
>> I've been asked by a few people about adding RISC-V 32-bit support to
>> Buildroot.
>>
>> This would require the ability to select custom git repositories for C
>> libraries. There is a glibc repository based on v2.26 that works for
>> riscv32 and there is also a musl repository for riscv32/riscv64 that I'd
>> like to test.
>>
>> I'm happy to add support for custom C libraries, but was wondering what
>> everybody's thoughts were on this?
> We already support a custom version of glibc for the ARC architecture. See
> package/glibc/glibc.mk. Is there a plan to push upstream musl/glibc support
> for RISC-V 32-bit?
It looks like the musl patches have been submitted for review[1]. I'm
not sure about the status of glibc 32-bit support.

I could add custom library support as per the ARC architecture, or I
could add a generic way to specify a git repository like the kernel, or
I could try to produce some patch sets against the latest C library
versions. I'm open to suggestions.

Regards

Mark

[1] https://www.openwall.com/lists/musl/2018/09/28/1

--

*Mark Corbin*
Embedded Operating Systems Lead
Email: mark.corbin at embecosm.com
<mailto:mark.corbin at embecosm.com>     Web: https://www.embecosm.com

Embecosm Logo

Embecosm Ltd., Palamos House #208, 66/67 High Street, Lymington, SO41
9AL, UK
Company No. 6577021 (England & Wales).