[Buildroot] Buildroot Developers Meeting @ FOSDEM 2019

Thomas Petazzoni thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com
Thu Nov 1 13:31:13 UTC 2018

Hello,

The Buildroot Developers Meeting @ ELCE 2018 took place a bit less
than two weeks, and therefore it's already time to organize the next
Buildroot Developers Meeting, which traditionally takes place around
the FOSDEM conference.

Usually, the meeting takes place during two days *after* FOSDEM, i.e on
Monday and Tuesday. But before doing the exact same thing, I wanted to
start a poll and see:

 * who is interested ;

 * whether we should do the meeting before/after FOSDEM ;

 * whether we should keep the 2-day format or extend to a 3-day format.

If you think you will be attending this Buildroot Developers meeting,
it would be useful if you could fill in the poll below:

  https://framadate.org/3Ve43stIV6Wvebum

Notes:

 - If you are a regular Buildroot contributor, but unable to attend due
   to lack of travel funding, we may be able to cover travel costs for
   some attendees. Please contact me if you are in such a situation.

 - The FOSDEM this year will not have the usual Embedded and IoT
   Devrooms. Perhaps this will affect the usefulness/interest of the
   FOSDEM conference for some embedded developers.

Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com