[Buildroot] Buildroot 2018.05-rc3 released

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Wed May 30 15:42:32 UTC 2018

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike Davies <busybox_mail at rovoreed.com> writes:

Please keep the discussion on the buildroot list, thanks.

 >>  > If I select Python as a package to install on my target, then it
 >> builds
 >>  > OK - but I don't want Python on my target.
 >>
 >>  > For now, I guess a workaround is to select Python, and delete it
 >> in a
 >>  > pre-image script.
 >>
 >> That is odd. The presence or not of python for the target shouldn't
 >> have
 >> any effect on host-python. You do not mean python3 for the target, do
 >> you?

 > Yes, sorry, I mean Python3 for the target. I also have ".pyc compiled
 > sources only", core python3 modules  ---> [*] unicodedata module,  core
 > python3 modules  ---> (none)

Ok, interesting. Enabling python3 for the target means that our host
python becomes python3, so the certdata2pem.py step in ca-certificates
is executed with host-python3.

>> What Linux distribution/version are you using?

 > The Linux distribution/version I am building on is Fedora Red Hat 25

 > [mike at modron ~]$ uname -a
 > Linux modron 4.9.14-200.fc25.x86_64 #1 SMP Mon Mar 13 19:26:40 UTC 2017
 > x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Ok, I'm on Debian. Thomas, you are using Fedora now, right? Can you give
ca-certificates a try?

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard