[Buildroot] custom skeleton question

Liam Staskawicz liam at stask.net
Tue May 29 17:48:47 UTC 2018

I'd like to create a custom rootfs skeleton based on Ubuntu Base (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Base) via the existing skeleton-custom package, but rather than ship the entire skeleton in my repo, i'd like to download it (either as a step in another custom package or otherwise).

Given that BR2_ROOTFS_SKELETON_CUSTOM_PATH is evaluated at kconfig time, I don't see the best way to supply this value from another package.

Is there a recommended approach to supply this value more dynamically?

Thanks,
Liam