[Buildroot] Tesla is using Buildroot

Joseph Kogut joseph.kogut at gmail.com
Sat May 12 17:06:04 UTC 2018

On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Adrian Perez de Castro
<aperez at igalia.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 11 May 2018 22:42:45 -0300 (BRT), Carlos Santos <casantos at datacom.ind.br> wrote:

I do the same thing. The top level Makefile exports BR2_EXTERNAL="..",
there's a target for cloning and checking out a specific Buildroot
revision, then there's a wildcard pattern at the end to pass any
unrecognized targets up to Buildroot's Makefile, so things like
"linux-menuconfig" still work.

It keeps my project repos nicely separated from upstream, and makes it
easy to pull in upstream changes.

I also have a few custom targets for taking the generated filesystem
images, and packing them up with an installer and manifest.

It would be nice if the manual covered some of these approaches,
because when I first started using Buildroot, it wasn't immediately
apparent how to do what I needed. Some examples would go a long way in
that regard, I might see what I can do about that later.