[Buildroot] defconfig build issues

Martin Bark martin at barkynet.com
Sun May 6 13:50:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

On 6 May 2018 at 07:34, Peter Korsgaard <peter at korsgaard.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  > s6lx9_microboard_defconfig
>  > ==========================
>
>  > make[1]: *** No rule to make target 'simpleImage.'.  Stop.
>
>  > https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/66561794
>
>  > No idea about this one. I don't think it was failing before, and I
>  > don't think this defconfig has been changed recently. Do we have a
>  > regression in the Linux kernel build logic ?
>
> Yes, looks like it. The make target it tries to call is
> 'simpleImage. lx9_mmu', E.G. a space has been added before the list of
> dtbs. I've sent a patch fixing it.
>
>  > raspberrypi3_qt5we_defconfig
>  > ============================
>
>  > Your Buildroot configuration needs a compiler capable of building 32 bits binaries.
>  > If you're running a Debian/Ubuntu distribution, install the g++-multilib package.
>  > For other distributions, refer to their documentation.
>
>  > https://gitlab.com/buildroot.org/buildroot/-/jobs/66561791

support/docker/Dockerfile already installs g++-multilib but the image
buildroot/base:20180205.0730 lacks it.  It looks like g++-multilib was
added just after the image was created in commit
27d22296927d7e4ec0965f2bdaa272b1e8ea15e7

So i think this should already be fixed, you just need to update the
buildroot/base image

Thanks

Martin