[Buildroot] [git commit] tpm2-tss: new package

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Sat Mar 10 08:43:47 UTC 2018

 >> Thomas asked on IRC why this was x86 only. Can you explain why?

 > Because it needs a hardware TPM, which as far as I know is available
 > only in some Intel processors (I tested it in a C3000 SOC).

Aren't TPM2 devices still available as small microcontrollers connected
to the main processor over i2c/spi? I've seen ARM boards with such
TPM1.2 devices, and I think Thomas mentioned an ARM board with a TPM2
device connected over SPI.

In general, unless there is a build time dependency on architecture
specific files or the package is very specific to a SoC or board I
prefer to not hide packages, even if it is unlikely to be used on other
architectures.

So I think we should remove the dependencies from tpm2-tss.

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard