[Buildroot] Running several virtual consoles and customizing the keymap

Shérab Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Mar 2 17:55:32 UTC 2018

Dear all,

I am new to build root. First of all thanks a lot for having designed
such a tool, and for having done so in such an elegant way.

I use a system in pure text-mode, booted by systemd.

There are two things I don't know how to achieve right now.

1. Define a (french) keymap. Is there a way to do that in the .config
file while not running an X server?

2. I am able to run one virtual console but would love to have several of
them, typically 6 as on my PC. Can tht be achieved?

Many thanks in advance for any hint,

Shérab.