[Buildroot] Xilinx-specific files not present in offline build

John Murray john at gardenway.org
Thu Mar 1 13:57:29 UTC 2018

Hi Aaron,

Are you trying to build only the linux kernel and rootfs image without
using petalinux, or are you trying to build the "bsp" portion without
petalinux as well?

Just curious as I am looking at those issues.

john

On Wed, Feb 28, 2018 at 8:20 AM, Arnout Vandecappelle <arnout at mind.be>
wrote:

>  Hi Aaron,
>
> On 28-02-18 15:13, A wrote:
> >
> > I'm attempting an offline build, dowloading sources on a cygwin system
> with
> > internet, and copying the dl/* files to the redhat system without
> internet.
> >
> > My most recent issue is the "make" on the build system appears to make
> some
> > progress, then eventually fails due to missing xilinx header files.
>
>  Why do you say that this is about Xilinx header files?
>

> > Any advice for things to check, or more information that would be
> helpful to
> > diagnose?
> >
> >   INSTALL include/linux/isdn (1 file)
> >   INSTALL include/linux/mmc (1 file)
> > ./scripts/Makefile.headersinst:55: *** Missing UAPI file
> > ./include/uapi/linux/netfilter/xt_CONNMARK.h.  Stop.
>
>  This looks like it's the installation of the kernel headers (but the part
> of
> the log that proves that is missing here; it's a few lines after). This
> should
> not happen, it looks as if your kernel archive is broken somehow.
>
>  Or more likely, I'm missing something :-)
>
>  Could you paste a little more of the output?
>
>  Regards,
>  Arnout
>
> > make[4]: *** [netfilter] Error 2
>

> --
> Arnout Vandecappelle                          arnout at mind be
> Senior Embedded Software Architect            +32-16-286500
> Essensium/Mind                                http://www.mind.be
> G.Geenslaan 9, 3001 Leuven, Belgium           BE 872 984 063 RPR Leuven
> LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/arnoutvandecappelle
> GPG fingerprint:  7493 020B C7E3 8618 8DEC 222C 82EB F404 F9AC 0DDF

*John W. Murray*
John at gardenway.org <Michael at HepworthMurray.com>
801-628-0543