[Buildroot] Booting into grub> prompt

Montag, Gil gil.montag at intel.com
Thu Jun 28 12:02:16 UTC 2018

Hi,
I created a buildroot EFI  disk.img file (X64)
For some reason, when UEFI bios boots this image, it brings up "grub>" prompt but not proceeding to boot the OS
Nor does it present the Menuentry defined in \EFI\BOOT\grub.cfg file
If looks as if grub does not "see" the grub.cfg file although both sit in the same \EFI\BOOT folder.
I did a loopback mount to the disk.img file and here is the structre:

gmontag1 at gmontag1-desktop from_guy (master) $ ls -R /mnt/gil
/mnt/gil:

bzImage EFI startup.nsh

/mnt/gil/EFI:
BOOT