[Buildroot] Run getty on multiple ttys and Box-drawing character

MOHAMMAD RASIM mohammad.rasim96 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:25:43 UTC 2018

Yes, I've already set up a post-build script that modifies the inittab,
didn't know about the raspberrypi script, could have saved me some time :(

I have two Ideas that can be used for tty:
1- make a startup script in /etc/init.d/ that parses the /proc/cmdline and
start gettys accordingly, I've tried it and it works but obviously, It's
not the right way to do these things(no respawning).

2- in the /init script after mounting devtmpfs and before running (exec
/sbin/init "$@") we add the same code from the post-build script that
parses /proc/cmdline and adds ttys to /etc/inittab (Didn't try this but
seems like the right way to do it).

As for the TERM settings I've set up my TERM to 'xterm-256color' which is
the most capable terminal I know and the characters don't show.
I don't think the problem is related to the terminal, instead, I think It
has something to do with charset and character encoding .

PS: sorry if the message is duplicated, this is the first time I deal with
mailing lists.