[Buildroot] Using a bootlin toolchain with buildroot

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 02:28:08 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas,
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 3:13 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> Here is the summary:
>
>  1/ Generate a Buildroot configuration that just defines the
>     architecture, architecture variant and toolchain options.
>
>     Also use the following for this configuration to disable any
>     user-space package:
>
> BR2_INIT_NONE=y
> BR2_SYSTEM_BIN_SH_NONE=y
> # BR2_PACKAGE_BUSYBOX is not set
> # BR2_TARGET_ROOTFS_TAR is not set
>
>     I also typically pass something like
>     BR2_HOST_DIR=/opt/armv7-eabihf--musl--stable-2018.02-2 in the
>     configuration.
>
>  2/ Do the Buildroot build as usual
>
>  3/ Run "make sdk"
>
>  4/ Create a tarball of /opt/armv7-eabihf--musl--stable-2018.02-2 and
>     you're done :-)
So, once I do that, I can pull that tarball into my build as if it
were a bootliin tarball?  And buildroot is smart enough to run the
relocate-sdk.sh script contained therein?  I wonder if anybody else
noticed that I now seem to be writing my questions as statements?

Thanks Thomas.

--wpd