[Buildroot] swapoff, but no swapon in initab

Peter Korsgaard peter at korsgaard.com
Tue Jun 12 14:50:27 UTC 2018

 >> But it does require people to add swapon/swapoff to their busybox config
 >> even if they aren't using swap, otherwise they would get error messages

 >  I think if people start customizing the busybox config and remove stuff from
 > it, then it's only reasonable that they also modify the default
 > inittab.

Correct.

 > Swaponand swapoff are both enabled in our busybox.config and busybox-minimal.config.

Hmm, does swap work on nommu? I would guess not. Looking at the kernel
option:

git grep -A3 'config SWAP' init/Kconfig
init/Kconfig:config SWAP
init/Kconfig-   bool "Support for paging of anonymous memory (swap)"
init/Kconfig-   depends on MMU && BLOCK
init/Kconfig-   default y

--
Bye, Peter Korsgaard