[Buildroot] swapoff, but no swapon in initab

Carlos Santos casantos at datacom.com.br
Fri Jun 8 11:38:19 UTC 2018

The point here is that I'd like to avoid adding yet another init script
just to call swap{on,off} in its st{art,op} phase. A "swapon -a" in
inittab would inspect /etc/fstab, as stated in the man page:

  "All devices marked as ``swap'' in /etc/fstab are made available,
   except for those with the ``noauto'' option. Devices that are
   already being used as swap are silently skipped."

So even if the system already has such init script (e.g. from a
rootfs ovelay) a second call would be harmless.

--
Carlos Santos (Casantos) - DATACOM, P&D
“Marched towards the enemy, spear upright, armed with the certainty