[Buildroot] Random Linux/device tree/GPIO question posted to the wrong list...

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 13:53:34 UTC 2018

On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 5:51 PM Thomas Petazzoni
<thomas.petazzoni at bootlin.com> wrote:
> Hello Patrick,
>
> This snippet of Device Tree only declares a pinmux configuration. If
> there is nothing referencing pinctrl_nand_default, then this pinmux
> configuration is not used/applied, and the pins are not "reserved".

Hi Thomas,
Thank you for the quick reply.  pinctrl_nand_default _is_ referenced
by the device tree clause for the nand controller:

        nand0: nand at 80000000 {
            nand-bus-width = <8>;
            nand-ecc-mode = "hw";
            nand-on-flash-bbt;
            atmel,has-pmecc;
            atmel,pmecc-cap = <12>;
            atmel,pmecc-sector-size = <512>;
            pinctrl-names = "default";
            pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_nand_default &pinctrl_nand_rdy_en>;
            status = "okay";

Hence my confusion.  Am I missing something else somewhere?

--wpd