[Buildroot] How to bypass fix-rpath for a particular package?

Bryce Ferguson bryce.ferguson at rockwellcollins.com
Tue Jul 17 13:55:44 UTC 2018

Hello Tudor,

When you say that the file is corrupted on the image, what does that mean
exactly?  Have you performed a readelf on the binary to determine what
fields may have been messed up?  What is your target architecture?

Thanks,

-Bryce

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 10:53 PM, Tudor Holton <tudor at smartguide.com.au>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a br_external package that always lands corrupt on the image and
> segfaults. I tried a number of things and eventually discovered that it
> works fine if I graft the output from build directly into the final image.
> From this I narrowed it down to something that happens during fix-rpath,
> which looks simple, but all my checks show that I'm not linking with
> anything other than -rpath=$ORIGIN so I'm at a loss as to the root cause.
>
> This may not be the best solution, but is there a standard way to tell
> fix-rpath not to patchelf my package and just copy it verbatim to the image?
>
> Cheers,
> Tudor.

*Bryce Ferguson*
Software Engineer
Airborne Information Solutions \ RC Linux Platform

400 Collins Rd NE Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52498

Bryce.Ferguson at rockwellcollins.com <bryce.ferguson at rockwellcollins.com>